An essential part of your daily skin regime, the right cleanser will not only leave your skin perfectly clean and clear but will improve skin texture, fight off the years and reverse the daily effects of dirt and make-up on your skin.
As part of my mission to find skincare that actually works, I’ve spent the last few months testing out some of the best cleansers on the market. So whether you have normal, breakout-prone, dry, oily, sensitive or ageing skin, I’ve found the cleanser to fit all of your complexion needs.
- Effaclar Astringent Lotion Micro-Exfoliant £10.20 by La Roche-Posay. Part of the Effaclar range specifically formulated for oily, acne-prone skin, this toning lotion with micro-exfoliating LHA properties works to soak up excess oil, remove impurities, unclog and tighten pores, whilst redefining the skins texture to leave skin smooth and soft. Suitable for sensitive skin.
- Makeup Remover Cleansing Water £15 by Caudalie. This hypo-allergenic and non irratinging cleansing water by French fave Caudalie, gently cleanses and removes make-up in one step, leaving skin moistuirised and soothed. Also works to remove eye make-up but you may require extra applications of stubborn mascara.
- Cleanse & Polish™ Hot Cloth Cleanser £15.50 by Liz Earl. A cult classic. Liz Earls multi award-winning plant-based hot cloth cleanser, is free from mineral oil, has a lovely rich and creamy texture and swiftly removes all traces of face and eye make up, including mascara.
- Foaming Glycolic Wash £30 by Neostrata. I can’t get enough of this foaming face wash and with it’s potent 18% glycolic acid to smooth skin texture and 2% lactobionic acid to gently increase cell renewal, it’s a must buy for anyone looking for anti-aging or resurfacing benefits. Recommended for experienced Glycolic Acid users.
- Reset Cleansing Emulsion £33 by Suqqu. Formulated to absorb excess sebum and remove light impurities from the skin, Reset Cleansing Emulsion by fave Japanese brand Suqqu is a gentle creamy cleansing wash enriched with kind-to-skin components to leave skin clean, smooth and hydrated.
- Gentle Cleansing Cream £28.95 by Exuviance. A dermatologist developed soothing creme formulation ideal for dry or sensitive skin. Blended with an anti-aging Polyhydroxy Acid (PHA), skin conditioners and nourishing botanicals it softens and sooths, improving skin texture without altering the skin’s natural moisture balance. .Dye-Free. Paba-Free. Dermatologist and allergy tested.
- White Oil Bi-Phase Makeup Remover £28 by Gazelli. Gazelli’s gentle vitamin-rich formula, has been specifically blended to dissolve all traces of makeup while simultaneously working to improve puffiness, circulation and the appearance of fine lines around the eyes and lips. With aloe vera & rose extract soothe and repair,and the healing properties of Gazelli White Oil to treat and regenerate the skin.
- Kind To Skin Micellar Cleansing Wipes £4.19 by Simple. Although I don’t advocate the use of wipes on a daily basis, there are times, say when you are traveling (or just too knackered to care) when a good old cleansing wipe is your best friend. Simple’s Micellar Cleansing Wipes provide a gentle gentle cleanse to lift away make-up (even waterproof mascara), impurities and unclog pores. Suitable for sensitive skin, with vitamin B5 and vitamin E.
- Silk Purifying Cleansing Gel £40 by Sensai. With it’s signature ingredient, Koishimaru Silk, an exceptional fibre that stimulates the production of hyaluronic acid, Sensai’s Silk Purifying Cleansing Gel is a gel-textured rinse-off scrub that quickly dissolves make-up and sebum deep in the pores.