With the weather heating up (we can live in hope right?) it’s time to think about switching up your make-up and number one on the list of items to switch…your foundation!
From full SPF protection to waterproof and long-lasting formulas, I’ve got you covered with 8 of the best summer foundations.
- Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream £24.50 by Kiehls. Kiehl’s dual-action formula instantly conceals imperfections thanks to it’s lightweight buildable coverage that works to visibly corrects the appearance of skin tone irregularities on a daily basis. Formulated with a high level of Vitamin C, it also contains my number 1 skincare essential, a high factor SPF 30!
- Effaclar BB Blur £16.50 by La Roche-Posay. The latest addition to cult French pharmaceutical brand La Roche-Posay is a must have for anyone wanting to ditch the shine. Blurring the appearance of pores, blemishes and fine lines with, this creamy mousse skincare hybrid absorbs oil all day long, keeping skin matte and unified with a velvet finish. With SPF 20.
- Breathable Foundation £45 by Oxygenetix. Designed to effectively cover and heal post-procedure skin, this innovative breathable foundation is enriched with Aloe Vera and the revolutionary Ceravitae Complex, to increase the skin’s oxygen uptake to speed up the skin healing process by encouraging collagen regeneration and connective tissue growth. If that doesn’t sound impressive enough, Oxygenetix is also water-resistant, transfer-proof and comes with a high factor SPF.
- Skin Base Foundation £32.50 by Illamasqua. This award-winning Skin Base Foundation has been inspired by the cult Asian market Beauty Balm creams. Lightweight and easily bendable Illamsaqua’s foundation smooth’s, softens and conditions thanks to skin boosting Vitamin C and E. A go-to choice for natural, buildable coverage.
- Future Skin Foundation £60 by Chantecaille. Ideal for those with combination skin, this unique gel foundation containing charged water and seaweed, transfers water into the skin without the use of any oil for great coverage with a refreshing lightweight texture. With aloe, chamomile and arnica to calm irritation and soothe sensitive skin, and rosemary, green tea and rice bran to boost the immune system and help prevent oxidation.
- Studio Waterweigtht Foundation £25.50 by Mac. With a virtually weightless feel, Macs gel-serum formula creates a sheer medium buildable coverage that softly blurs imperfections while controlling oil for longlast wear and comfort. The addition of Moisture-Fusion Complex provides immediate and all-day hydration, leaving skin feeling quenched and silky to the touch.
- Velvet Matt Skin Tint £30 by Nars. Nars does it again with their plush, ultra blendable, oil-free, matt finish formula that works on contact to deliver skin perfection while boosting it’s environmental defense with vitamins C, E, and broad spectrum SPF 30. With rose fruit extract, to visibly tighten the appearance of pores.
- Tinted Day Cream £28.50 by Dr. Hauschka. This 100% natural tinted moisturiser containing certified organic ingredients by the brilliant Dr. Hauschka, nourishes the skin while adding a light, sun-kissed glow. Ideal for dry, sensitive, mature and normal skin.What other makeup items will you be switching this summer? Have your say below.