Along side mascara and concealer, blusher really is the sleep deprived mum’s makeup saviour. Not only does it disguise the ‘zombified mum’ look by bringing instant life to your face and faking a vital glow but if recent reports are anything to go by, it’s also Hollywoods secret to a youthful complexion.
Yes that rights. According to actress and mum of two Naomi Watts, the secret to her enviable complexion is not the result of Botox or even fillers, but a non-invasive make up trick using…you guessed it, blush!
A trick she learned from her makeup artist, Naomi claims she simply applies blush under her eyes to give a naturally youthful appearance.
With another thumbs up from one of Hollywood’s leading ladies and the recent change of season bringing a flurry of flattering spring shades to the market, there couldn’t be a better time to embrace the blush.
Not sure what to go for? No worries, I’ve done the hard work for you, plucking out the best of this seasons ‘Pick Me Up’ blushers to ensure you’ll never need rock that ‘zombie’ look again.
- Blush in Orgasm £23 by Nars. Perhaps ones of beauty’s most iconic blusher shades, this peachy pink with a golden shimmer blush creates a natural, healthy-looking color that immediately enlivens the complexion.
- Blush Paper in Sunset Boulevard £10.40 by Mai Couture. Mai Couture’s travel friendly, paraben-free and talc-free, blusher powder booklets are the quick and hygienic way to create a flawless glow on the go.
- Powder Blush in Do It Again £7 by Toyshop. A fashion forward as their clothing, Topshop Beauty does it again with this powder blush in ‘Do It Again’. Containing light reflecting pigments, for a natural radiant glow.
- Terrybly Densiliss Compact Contouring in 100 Fresh Contrast £68 by By Terry. Coming in a stunning split-pan quilted palette, these velvety-textured powders use By Terry’s signature ‘Densiliss’ technology, to blur the visibility of fine lines and creases while creating an enviable, soft focus finish to sculpt and beautify your complexion.
- Sheer Cheek Gel in Peachy £14 by Pixi by Petra. A gorgeous gel blush that can be dabbed on cheeks and lips, to create a translucent, soft and coordinated flush.
- Watercolour liquid blush in Rose Glow £15.50 by Daniel Sandler. Loved by those in the know, this multi-award winning Watercolour fluid blusher contains Vitamin E and Jojoba to enhance application and nourish skin.
- Cheek & Lip Tint in Dimple Peach £12 by & Other Stories. A stunning highlighting and colouring cream for cheeks and lips that leaves a natural glow and a powdery finish.
- Mineral Blusher in Peachy Keen £17 by Inika. Looking for a creamy, 100% natural blush than look no further than Inika’s blush in peachy keen. Suitable for all skin types this loose mineral blush creates beautiful, healthy tone that looks natural and dewy.Photography by Logan Irvine-MacDougall
Do you have any trick for faking a radiant glow? Share your tips in the comments below.