From antioxidant serums to SPF, day-time skincare should be about protecting your skin from damaging environmental aggressors like pollution and the sun (yes even in Britain the sun’s rays can work some serious damage). So if we want to pack a major punch to those fine lines and wrinkles, its time to look at our night-time regime.
Why? Well, cell renewal and skin rejuvenation happens mainly at night since the growth hormone that builds and repairs body tissue is secreted as we sleep. By adding in some serious skincare to your night-time regime, you can take the notion of ‘beauty sleep’ to a whole new level.
Whether you’re after results driven cosmeceuticals or a more gentle and natural approach, I have picked 9 must have night treatments to help you snooze your way to beautiful skin.
- Skinesis Over Night Facial £46 by Sarah Chapman. If you haven’t yet heard of Sarah Chapmans Over Night Facial you’re in for a treat. This multi award-winning night-time elixir recreates the lifting, firming, skin perfecting benefits of Chapmans’ Skinesis Facial. Packed with high performance activies including vitamins A and E, Coenzyme Q10, Jojoba and Baobab Oil.
- Ossential Growth Factor Serum Plus £111 by Zo Skin Health. Ideal for even sensitives skins, this silky smooth serum gel helps to strengthen skin, minimises irritation, support skin repair, restore hydration, stimulate cell renewal and protect against signs of future ageing!
- Stem Complex Rejuvenating Overnight Treatment £185 by Zelens. Thanks to it’s cocktail of powerful peptides, including Pentapeptide 31, Biomimetic Tri and Tetrapeptides, Zelens Rejuvenating Overnight Treatment quickly, cumulatively and phenomenally alters the quality of your complexion.
- Grade 3 Night Cream £79 by Fillerina. Designed specifically to correct deep-set furrows and expression lines, Fillerinas’ Grade 3 Night Cream works to exhibit a believable, ‘filler’ effect; smoothing, firming and fortifying skin’s fabric, to recover your complexion’s former plumpness.
- Metacell Renewal B3 £96 by SkinCeuticals.Utilising a patent-pending aqueous emulsion to deliver high dosage of Vitamin B3 combined with a firming tripeptide concentrate, SkinCeuticals light weight serum will visibly improve early signs of photoaging by increasing cell turnover to resurface skin, reclarify and even skin tone, and improve the appearance of wrinkles and surface elasticity.
- Brilliance Facial Oil £37 by Oilixia. An award winning facial oil containing a luxurious blend of 18 naturally sourced oils infused with 3 patented actives to reveal more radiant, visibly smoother and firmer feeling skin.
- Regenerating Night Cream – Neuro-Peptide & Violet Leaf Extract £66 by Grown Alchemist. Natural yet packing a punch, this rich facial cream formulated with a potent synergistic blend of peptides, antioxidants, vitamins, hyaluronic acid, and essential omega fatty acids will restore skin elasticity, reduce the appearance of fine lines, boost hydration and transform the skin.
- Vital Glow £55 by Elemental Herbology. Containing Plant C-Stem to revitalise, energise and repair the skin and Granactive Retonoid, a next-generation anti-ageing product suitable for sensitive skin Vital glow works to dramatically stimulate cell turnover, reduce blemishes, pigmentation and skin imperfections to deliver a healthy and radiant glow.
- Cellular Radiance Night Cream £447 by La Praire. La Prairie’s advanced de-ageing cream renews luminosity and restores the natural defenses of the skin, thanks to it’s moisture-binding complex of perfecting and anchoring peptides combined with mica and liquid crystal. An expensive one, so might be worth adding to that birthday list!
Photography by Logan Irvine-MacDougall
Do you believe in a separate day and night skincare regime? Have your say below.