After a long autumns day running around London…or after my toddler, there is nothing I enjoy more than flopping out on the sofa and relaxing to the fragrance of a delicious smelling candle.
Deciding to share my love for the fragrant, I have chosen 5 of my favourites scents to unwind with.
*Starting from left to right.
- Kungsholmstorg £17 by & Other Stories. Created in collaboration with renowned New York based Perfumer Jerome Epinette of Robertet, Kungsholmstorg aims to bring the outside, inside. With top notes of Nutmeg, Raspberry and a base of Cedarwood, Pine needles and Tree Moss this rich woody scent reminds me of cosy log cabins and roaring fires.
- Ajon £50 by Iluvo. Containing top notes of orange blossom and jasmine, a core of tiare blossom and a base of rose, Ajon by the recently launched, London based company Iluvo (taken from the Latin word iuvu meaning to please, delight and gratify) is an uplifting scent reminiscent of an English garden on the first day of spring.
- Gaspard £74.93 by Cire Trudon. Founded in 1634 on the threshold of the reign of Louis XIV, Cire Trudon is the oldest candle maker in the world. Once the official supplier to the French court, this beautiful hand-poured candle comes in a chalky black chalice lined with pure gold leaf! But what makes Gaspard really stand out from the crowd, is its woody blend of sandalwood and vanilla, with a subtle hint of jasmine and rose.
- Citrus and Jasmine £36 by Heir & Grace. Your perfect pick me up. Hand poured in Royal Windsor and using a generous amount of rich fragrance oils, this revitalising scent contains invigorating notes of lemon and mandarin, and a floral heart of jasmine and patchouli.
- Prune Glacee £60 by Byredo. Ok, so we have another Scandi brand here but what can I say, the Swedes know their scented candles! This latest edition by uber stylish fragrance house Byredo, is a seductive blend of velvet pulm, tart acai, and honey date with shades of aromatic davaunna over a wintergreen, leather base of birch tree and musky patchouli. Just delicious.
Photography by Logan Irvine-MacDougall.
Do you have a go to scent to help you unwind? Share your favourites in the comments below.