Lipsticks are the stylish mums secret weapon. Super quick to apply, they instantly lift and brighten your features, creating the appearance of a woman who has it all together, even though your house is a bomb site and your toddler has just wiped snot on your only clean pair of jeans!
So when you’ve made the effort, the last thing you want to think about is having to constantly re-apply the lippy. Which is why I have compiled a list of my favourite long-lasting lipsticks to make those days when you want to look a little less flustered, a little easier.
- Bloody Brilliant Lip Crayon by Butter London. Butter didn’t get it wrong when they named their lip crayons, they really are bloody brilliant. These long-lasting, moisturising formulas produce a lacquer-like shine with high pigment colour. Plus they smell like peppermint & have a built in pencil sharpener!
- Velvet Matte Lip Pencil by Nars. These jumbo crayons produce a beautiful velvety matte finish with staying power. And the best part? Unlike the majority of matt finish lipsticks these beauties won’t dry out your lips.
- Hydra Chic Lipstick by Chantecaille. Satin finish? Tick. Long lasting hydration? Tick. Six hours of colour wear? Tick. This really is a makeup bag essential.
- Lip Colour by Tom Ford. We all know Tom Ford is a genius when it comes to fashion but did you know this genius extends to beauty? Lucky for us his Lip Colour comes with a more affordable price tag and is a stunning addition to any outfit.
- Retro Matte Lipstick by Mac. No lipstick feature would be complete with out a show from the makeup masters that are Mac. Their Retro Matte range creates a stunning sexy matt pout with minimal need for touch-ups.