Although totally gorgeous little cuddle monsters, babies have a way of totally sucking the life out of your skin. Unfortunately the combination of pregnancy and breast feeding means all those vital collagen producing nutrients are bypassing you and going straight to your little darling. Add in the sleepless nights and your skin starts to look dull, lifeless and like it’s aged 10 years in 10 days.
But fear not, you do not need to resign yourself to a life time of bad skin. With a little TLC and the right product your skin can be refreshed and rejuvinated, and you can feel like you again! Here are my tried and tested favourites.
1. No Wrinkles Time Does Mask by This Works. What I love about this little beauty is that you can alter the dose according to how much time you have and what your skin needs. Leave for 10 mins for intense hydration, 20 for exfoliation and all night for radical renewal.
2. Ultra Facial Hydrating Over Night Masque by Kiehls. My go to mask when I’m lacking in sleep and my skin is looking drawn, dehydrate and in need of some intense rehydration and plumping.
3. Instant Revitalising Mask by Radical. When you have that big event to go to and your baby has left you feeling frazzled, this is your quick fix. Containing B-12 to kick start circulation, skin is revitalised and glowing in just 3 minutes!
4. Triple Microdermabrasion Face Polish by Exuviance. Hands down the best facial scrub I’ve tried! It’s gentle but effective exfoliation increases cell turnover, minimises the appearance of fine lines and leaves skin rejuvenated. For best results use at least 3 times a week.
5. Super Acids X-treme Hangover Mask by Rodial. The effects of a baby on your skin, is not too disimals to that of a hangover over. This triple action clay mask will deeply cleanse, exfoliate and moisturise to restore a healthy looking completion.
6. C E Ferulic by SkinCeutical. Don’t under estimate the power of vitamin C, it’s a vital ingredient in restoring and maintaining a radiant complexion. Use daily under a high factor SPF for protection against environmental elements, increased firmness, hydration and a visible reduction in wrinkles.
7. Redermic R by La Roche-Posay. This French pharmacy brand is a firm favourite amongst dermatologists. Suitable for sensitive skin, this cream will even out skin-tone, reduce wrinkles and refresh tired looking skin.
Did your skin change after having a baby? Do you have any post pregnancy skin saviours? Share your thoughts and comments in the box below.